Announcing the 2013 MMMM Crossword Construction Contest. The deadline to enter is December 20, 2013.
This year’s contest is inspired by Matt Gaffney’s recent meta puzzle, “Corporate Structure,” which featured a Nike swoosh logo composed only of the letters “N, I, K, and E.”
You can read about it here.
2013 Contest Rules:
- Find a logo related to music. It’s OK if the logo consists of letters. Pictures are OK too. The logo should have a word / band name / brand associated with it.
- Submit a 15×15 (preferred) or larger filled grid, with the following property: If you highlight all the squares in the grid containing the letters in the logo name, you get a picture of the logo.
- There is no need to clue the puzzle.
- Crossword Compiler, text, and screen image are all fine to submit with.
- Submit your entry before December 20 by email. You are allowed more than one submission.
- The better the fill, the better the puzzle.
- The clearer the picture, the better.
- The more well known the logo, the better.
- The more graphic the logo (as opposed to being only letters), the better.
- Creative license (even if it includes minor rule-breaking) is encouraged.
- Grids with normal crossword symmetry are preferred, but asymmetric grids (like Matt’s) will be considered.
Matt Gaffney, myself, and a few unnamed others…
The winning entry will be announced shortly after the contest ends. The winner will get recognition, a large MMMM coffee mug, and I will distribute their puzzle to MMMM subscribers next year.
You retain all rights to any puzzle you submit.