The fourth contest puzzle has been posted.
- The meta is a hit song from the 1970s. You can solve the regular version here. Be warned: This month’s puzzle is more difficult than the first three! If you’re a masochist and want more of a challenge, you can solve the expert version here.
- When you’ve solved the meta, enter your answer on this page or the puzzle page. Those who submit correct answers will be put in a random drawing to win an MMMM coffee mug, and will be one step closer to the drawing for a free entry into the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament.
- The deadline for sending in your answer is Sunday August 12 at 11pm Eastern Time. The solution will be posted Tuesday August 14. If you haven’t signed up for the contest yet, you can do so on this page as well. Do that before sending in your meta answer.
- Was there an answer that could have had a musical clue but didn’t? I’ll give a shout out next week to the best suggestion.
- Did you get the meta from the expert version? Tell me how long it took you – I will post a few of the fastest solving times on Tuesday.
- As stated in the contest rules, it’s possible that a future meta might refer back to prior puzzles. So you might want to keep your solutions around…